Over the last decade, Navantia Repairs Cartagena has specialized in the repair and refitting of large Superyachts, both motor and sail. The shipyard’s history spans 300 years in the Naval and maritime industry in Spain. Cartagena is strategically located on Spain’s southeast coast, 156 miles from Valencia, 238 miles from Gibraltar and conveniently lies on the route between the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. The Cartagena shipyard carries out a number of works, including extensions, interior refits, exterior painting and finishing, rigging services, technical services and engine room refits, amongst others.
They have a highly qualified team to cover the needs of yachts working in steel, aluminium, machining, electrical / electronics, carpentry; they also work in collaboration with some of the most prestigious painting companies like Rolling Stock. Due to the extensive maritime history in Cartagena, there are wide ranges of professionals in the field (including native English speakers) who also work closely with the shipyard.
- A Syncrolift, 150 m in length and a 20.5 m. beam.
- An area with capacity to fit 10 vessels simultaneously.
- A graving dock, 214 m in length and a 20.5 m beam.
- A 1,300 m. linear metre pier, with 7.5 metre max draught.
- Permanent cranes with max capacity, up to 30 tons.
- The shipyard complies with ISP 24hr Security.
- Yacht Crew Assistance Service… this is a service which was implemented a few years ago, and is intended to assist and help the crew, when in the city, with their demands, requests, needs or suggestions, not just to do with work in the shipyard, but also to provide them with information on sports, places to go, assistance with any bureaucratic issues if needed, doctors, accommodation etc.
Navantia has developed an exclusive website which offers lots of info, including discounts at hotels, restaurants, for sport activities, etc.
Alongside these systems, Navantia Repairs Cartagena has two of its very own manufacturing facilities; the first one being a multi-purpose workshop. This workshop, managed by a team of professionals, has the most advanced equipment for overhaul and repairs, as well as being able to manufacture any specific element that may be needed for any repair works.
The second facility is the engine workshop, which includes all the latest technology and offers a variety of services, including overhauling Caterpillar, Man or MTU engines, supplying spare parts, manufacturing engine blocks, machining facilities or engine testing on any of the 9 benches in the workshop.
- We continue to receive enthusiastic reviews for their services year after year, with Captains saying:
“I cannot complain about the excellent work they do at Navantia Shipyard”
“We just did a major refit at Navantia… and our whole crew were highly impressed with all the work”
“We followed all the good recommendations for them, in your Guide… and were very pleased with the fantastic professional service they provided for us”
“They are a totally reliable, professional team, and we were very impressed by all their technical services as well” “The Navantia Shipyard is a really good place for a refit”
“I was taken by their top quality mechanical engineering works”
“This was our first time at Navantia, and I can’t tell you how impressed I was, with the efficiency and professional management of the yard”
“We couldn’t have asked for more… they do everything they say they’ll do, and bang on time”
Find Navantia Shipyard
Review this service
No one has left a review on this page yet.