This alluringly gothic, large and posthumously ornate cemetery is located on the site of an old plantation, near Thunderbolt. The plantation was converted to a cemetery in 1868 and was originally called Evergreen Cemetery; Bonaventure Cemetery itself is swathed and canopied by multitudes of indigenous live oak trees - so famous in the Savannah area. Combined with the sheer acreage of ornate and spooky epitaphs dedicated to the lineage of Savannah’s people, Bonaventure makes for a compelling and interesting diversion for a daytime excursion. Sitting on the shore of the ICW, the entrance to the cemetery is located at 330 Bonaventure Road and open to the public daily from 0800-1700hrs. Entry is free, but guided walking / driving tours can be arranged.Read more
Review this service
No one has left a review on this page yet.