Monte Carlo Casino
Place du Casino, MC
In 1861, Prince Charles III, realizing that almost all of the natural resources had been used up in the Principality, decided to boost economic growth in Monaco through tourism and gambling.
Inaugurated in 1863, the Monte Carlo Casino opened and led to the beginning of Monte Carlo as a worldclass vacation destination. The casino complex is a gambling facility, which also includes the ‘Grand Théâtre de Monte Carlo’ - an opera and ballet house, and the headquarters of the Ballets de Monte Carlo. Built by Charles Garnier, this 19th century Belle Époque building of extravagance should not be missed – even by non-gamblers!Read more
Review this service
No one has left a review on this page yet.