Old Fort Jackson
Originally built in 1808 and named after the Revolutionary War officer and Georgia Governor James Jackson, the Fort rose to provenance during the Civil War as the headquarters for Savannah’s river defense. With plenty of historic artefacts to see, and exhibits from the old Iron Clad SS Georgia, it makes a great opportunity to soak up some real southern history. An easy drive from downtown or Thunderbolt the Fort is open all year except major holidays.Read more
1 Fort Jackson Rd
United States (US)
Review this service
No one has left a review on this page yet.