Dr Johanna Clark at Club de Mar Medical in Palma is delighted to advise the dates for the autumn Medical First Aid courses, starting 12th September, which will all take place in their new in house training room in their newly opened Club de Mar Premises.
Experienced practice paramedic Lucy & Dr Joh have also completed hands on crew training workshops on board various yachts over the last few months, when the 'training comes to you', a facility that suits many of the larger superyachts, and that this medical practice are keen to develop and expand, so conatct them with your thoughts!
This is an exciting time for the practice as they move into new premises overlooking Club de Mar Marina; the new offices are the start of them building a service for the yachting community which will, in time, cater to a number of different needs.
They look forward to welcoming everyone ...
We received high accolades for this medical centre and many Captains Recommendations: Dr. Joh is approved by the MCA for ENG1 certification and is therefore able to carry out medical assessment of fitness for seafarers.
She is also an experienced GP with additional extensive background in occupational and travel medicine, as well as in medical education, health & safety.
She is experienced in women’s medicine, sexual health and contraception. The practice provides travel advice and immunisations as required, and is supported by an experienced Senior Paramedic.
MCOBS - Medical Care on Board Ship (Captains Course) 26-30 September - 5 day course @ €850.00
24- 28 October - 5 day course @ €850.00
21- 25 November - 5 day course @ €850.00
MCOBS Refresher is the first 3 days of the MCOBS courses mentioned above @ €650.00 per person
MFA - Proficiency in Medical Care (Medical First Aid)
12-15 September - 4 day course @ €650.00
10-13 October - 4 day course @ €650.00
07-11 November - 4 day course @ €650.00
05-08 December - 4 day course @ €650.00
Elementary First Aid is the first day of the MFA courses mentoned above @ €250.00 per person
General Information about their courses:
- Update Courses can only be taken if the original certification took place within 5 years or less
- Club de Mar Medical will run the courses with maximum 12 students per course
- Each course requires 6 to 8 people to run
- A 50% deposit is required to secure a place on any given course, €100 of this is a non refundable
- Credit Card payments are subject to a 2% bank charge
- Places cannot be reserved without deposit payment
- In the event that we do not have enough participants to run a course your deposit will be moved to a course against a date of your choice
- If you wish to alter the date of your course, provided we have the minimum number of participants we are happy to discuss flexibility with you
- Once all courses are booked we will be offering additional dates
Courses this autumn will be held in their new premises:-
Club de Mar Medical
Av Gabriel Roca / Calle Ses Rafaletes, 1
Planta PR, Local 2, IZQ
07015 Palma de Mallorca
Tel: +34 639 949 125 /+34 619 982 142
For Further information contact them directly.